Sunless Preparation & Maintenance
24-48 Hours Prior to Session:
- Exfoliate! Exfoliate! Exfoliate!
- We cannot overstress the importance of pre-session exfoliation. 24 hours prior to your appointment, clear away any dry, dead skin cells with a body scrub or wash cloth so that the DHA can absorb into the fresh, healthy skin.
- Avoid using bar soaps, high pH shower products, or in-shower moisturizers. These products can neutralize the DHA bronzing reaction within the skin.
- Any waxing or shaving should be completed 24-hours prior to session.
Day of Session:
- Do not apply anything to the skin that may act as a barrier between the sunless solution and the skin. Deep penetration is the key to a beautiful lasting color. Do not apply lotions, creams or perfumes prior to session. Use deodorant sparingly.
- Remove any make-up prior to sunless application.
- Wear loose fitting darker clothing and remove jewelry. Tight clothing can rub or smear bronzers, especially around knees, elbows and waist.
Post Session Care:
- Avoid water and sweating for at least 4-8 hours. Shower after 8-16 hours using a mild pH balancing shower gel. The longer you wait the better for your tan. The cosmetic bronzers will wash away during the first shower but color will remain once the DHA has set in.
- Extend color with daily application of color extending moisturizer and avoid scrubbing or exfoliating until about a week later, after the tan fades away. Then it is time for a return visit to maintain your beautiful bronze color year-round!
- Note: High levels of chlorine from pools can cause your tan to fade faster.